Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Weekend To Remember

Last weekend we went on an amazing trip!  To Banff!!!

Our wonderful Edolbina and Andrew gave us a very special gift to attend at marriage conference called "A Weekend to Remember".

I didn't want to be too far from my 11 month old so we figured it out that he would stay in Canmore with my parents in their timeshare while we were 20 minutes down the road in Banff.

They held the conference at the Fairmont Hotel which was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!  My husband was awesome and upgraded our room so we were treated like royalty.  He sure knows when to spoil me and really make it count.  I just can't say enough good things about this conference and how it has made our marriage so much stronger in learning our roles, communicating and making sure God is the center of our relationship.  Some parts were hard to hear and some questions were hard to answer and talk about but it was really wonderful for us.  We decided that we need to do everything we can to divorce proof our marriage and change the patterns of our family tree.

We meet a lot of couples who had attended many times and had been married for many many years.  We kept hearing how good it was to that we were coming as a newly married couple so we could learn ways to protect our relationship instead of trying to fix things later on in life.  I would suggest this weekend to any married couple... young or old this a must! 

Andrew and Edolbina, we can not thank you enough for giving us this wonderful gift! 


Taking a break between sessions to look at the beautiful views from our hotel.  We didn't get too many pictures since we were busy being husband and wife :) 


Sam decided I needed to have a picture too!  We just LOVED the location.


After picking up my parents and son at the Calgary airport, we decided to take some time to check out the Bass Pro Shop... it was fun.  I looked at cooking stuff and Sam checked out guns.  Cody enjoyed watching the giant fish tank and all the stuffed mooses and deers posing along the walls.

2 comments:

  1. Im happy to hear about it! you are SO welcome!! We are glad you learned to much and were blessed! We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I laughed at the "we were busy being husband and wife"...I know what you mean! haha, when we went to whistler, I took literally 4 pictures! oops! Also, Cody looks GIANT in the picture with Sam! I cant believe how much he has grown!

    ReplyDelete