Today I bring you milk from the lake.
My sisters and I went on a nice hike around Hicks Lake close to our house. It was so beautiful and the perfect way to spend a couple hours walking a not so hard trek.
Jaclyn figured it was her turn to pack Cody this hike and she did such a great job that he fell right asleep and stayed that way :) It can be hard to have noisy babies on your back but they do scare off the bears. We figure that's why they take turns yelling each time we go out!
Here is Kara keeping her balance with Jack on her back walking across the stream. The mosquito's were BAD here but it was just so pretty we couldn't help but stop for photos.
Once we got back to the car we decided to quickly change and head down to the nice cool lake for a swim! Here is where the milk comes in...
It doesn't matter where we are, babies need food! Cody is 13 months and still going strong with nursing... no end in sight.. not that I want him to. I just figured he wouldn't want to go so long but mommy's milk must just be so good!
Anytime he seems me in anything showing skin he figures I do it to make his feeding easier... bathing suit? Sweet! Easy access for milk!
I love that my sister took this photo and that he has his life jacket on and his hand in my mouth (he usually does the hand thing) and even though he won't always be this small, I am so grateful that we can enjoy this bonding together.
P.S. I look super ripped here but I am not... it's just the shadows and the way I am standing.



I absolutely love this! You should be a poster woman for breastfeeding awesomeness! Seriously, I hope that eventually my little bean and I will get this comfortable together so we can have sweet moments like this too!
ReplyDeleteyou ARE super ripped, you hottie! :) I love love love that photo, I love that you are so devoted to breast feeding and your little (and big!) man! You should send that picture into peaceful parenting! :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete